St. Peter and Paul
The second oldest church is St. Peter and Paul. It was consecrated in 799 as the founding of the former bishop Egino of Verona, who came from Alemannic nobility.
The church as it exists today is a three-aisled basilica. It was built in the 11th century on parts of the foundations of the old St. Peter's Church after its demolition. The interior was already richly decorated at the beginning. The still visible painting in the apse originates from the years 1104-1105 and is divided into three zones. In the upper zone is the Majestas Domini, accompanied by the four evangelist symbols. The right and the left side embrace Petrus and Paulus. The twelve apostles are depicted in the middle zone with prophets among them. Around 1750, the church underwent an extensive redesign in the Rococo style.